|I was making similar face at The Misery Run for a different reason|
Alright, I'm back. I'm "between injuries" once again.
Wow, it's been like six weeks since my last post.
Let's check the running log to see what's been happening with me:
10/15 - Did OK at Triple Lakes, knees feeling better
10/22 - Strained my "turkey tendon" (again) trying to run 18 miles.
10/28 - Quit running, for good this time
11/01 - In a severe bout of optimism, sign up for the Uwharrie 40
11/06 - Ran the NY Marathon... well, in a virtual reality Avatar-sort-of-way
11/10 - Become thankful that my neighbor donated an elliptical machine to us
11/13 - Drop out of the Misery Run after 2 miles when Turkey Tendon fails
11/14 - Never running again. I mean it this time.
11/17 - Become thankful that Sams Club sells Naproxen in bulk
11/20 - Run 8 miles! In great new shoes!
11/30 - Fail to run 8 miles! In crappy new shoes!
So that's been what's happening with me.
Shannon has been doing good. She has the Umstead 100 Miler coming up in a few months and she is giving some serious thought to starting to train for it.
The blog to-do list is really filling up. Here are some posts I'll try to get out this month:
- Interview with our favorite running couple Jim Hite and Joyce Hodges-Hite
- Shannon's 1000 mile shoes
- New "clown" shoe review (?)
- Call for judges for Running Photo contest
- 2011 Running Photos of the year selections!
- Review of the absolute best running accessory ever.
- New York Marathon race report (maybe not, could stir up controversy)
- Run at the Rock race report
Yes, I will be attempting to run the Run At The Rock 14 Miler tomorrow. I have not run further than 9 miles since the Turkey Tendon failure 5 weeks ago, so it who knows what will happen.
Thanks for reading!