|Your time is running out|
You have one last chance to submit a photo for the 2011 Running Photo of the Year contest.
The deadline is December 31, 2011 at 9:00 AM.
I have changed the submission process slightly. Please follow these 3 steps carefully. If you don't, your submission may be lost
- You MUST fill out this form. If you don't, then I will not know who the photo is from. This is because the when the photo is emailed, it goes into a dropbox, and I dont see the email.
- Then email the image to this address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In the subject line, include: your name, the month, and the title of the image. Don't include anything in the body of the email, because I cannot see it.
The judging will take place at our usual New Years Eve gathering. Here are the rules that I am making up as I type this:
- There will be 7 volunteer judges.
- There will be a presentation of all of the submissions, along with a discussion of the merits of each
- Each judge will pick their top three submissions, awarding points.
- 1st = 3 points
- 2nd = 2 points
- 3rd = 1 points
- Judges cannot vote for their own photos, if they have any.
- Points will be tallied up. Top prize is awarded to the most points, seconds place to the next, etc.
- Any ties will be broken by Shannon and I.
- Prize money is mailed out first week in January.
Wanna be a Judge?All ya gotta do is volunteer. Leave a comment here, send me an email, tell me in person, whatever. The next 6 people to volunteer are in. We already have 1 judge.
You will have to come to our New Year's Eve party (which can be painfully dull, we often play Scrabble).
I suppose if you really want to be a judge, but really don't want to spend New Year's eve looking at running photos and playing Scrabble then I'll make an exception.
In the next few days I will make a post with the current entries. I will also be contacting some of you about problems with the submissions.