|My giant monkey foot|
- Did longest run ever this morning. 5 miles. 41 min, 8:19 pace. Very easy greenway course.
- I was doing around 1 mile every day, waiting for the tenderness to go away before I went further, but I got impatient. Now doing 2 or 3 longer BF runs a week.
- It really does teach me to step lightly. Every few minutes I would get lazy and start stomping, but was corrected immediately.
- It is making my transition to racing flats much easier
- Still getting hot spots on my big toes. I am not pushing off, so I must be twisting. It happens even if I just go for a walk.
- According to BFJ, I must do 1000 miles to achieve enlightenment. 85 miles down, 915 miles to go.
- Running with dogs is tough on the feet, with the stopping, starting, and tripping.
- Thinking of doing the North Hills 5K barefoot on Sept 11.
- Running barefoot made me realize how badly my shoes fit my feet. I have wide monkey feet and almost all shoes have this narrow "toe box".